This is sort of like what I do with my Sundays anyways, so I figured I might as well join formally!
I'll be sampling and dipping into a variety of things over the next couple of days, including:
- BOOKBURNERS and WHITEHALL, the two serials to which I've give my heart. I hope to read at least one episode of each.
- YOU DON'T SAY: GREAT NEW ZEALAND NONFICTION 2016. I've been poking at this anthology for about a week and want to wallow in it for a little while.
- HALF-BLOOD BLUES by Esi Edugyan, for the Booker Short List square on my bookish bingo card.
- WINTER ORANGES by Marie Sexton, for the Seasonal square on the abovementioned card.
- THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE by Neil Gaiman, for the Shortest TBR Book square.
- RISE by Mira Grant. I won't read the whole thing, but I'd love to get through a story or two.
- MONSTRESS VOLUME ONE by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takada. I've been lusting after this comic for aaaaaages.
- THE BATMANGA by Jiro Kuwata. I've got the first three volumes ready and waiting for my eyeballs.
- YES, CHEF by Marcus Samuelsson, for those times when my eyeballs need a break.
- UNCANNY X-MEN. Ten issues or bust, y'all.
I'll update this post every now and again with my progress and/or any mini challenges I attempt.
UPDATE: I usually avoid my computer on Sundays, but I've popped back on to inform y'all that as of 10:00 in the evening I've read for 15 hours and 22 minutes. I'll Instagram a screenshot of my final total whenever I reach it, whether that's right before I pass out or at midnight.
(The passing out option looks pretty good right now. Murchie's sick today and he got me up way earlier than I wanted to be awake, let alone upright with a book in hand.)
All in all, I finished:
- two episodes of WHITEHALL
- one episode of BOOKBURNERS (with another loaded up and ready to go)
- one PRINCESS JELLYFISH omnibus (consisting of two volumes)
- THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE by Neil Gaiman
- seven issues of X-MEN and UNCANNY X-MEN, including a double-size anniversary issue
- MONSTRESS by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takada
- nine issues from the Age of Apocalypse crossover
- two older issues (the one where Beast becomes hairy and the Origin of Star-Lord)
Contrary to what I said before, I didn't count my subtitled drama towards my reading time. If I had, I'd be up over 16 hours.