This is my first Readathon without Murchie. I'll think of him often today.
Hello, friends and fellow Readathonners! The best day of the spring is upon us, and I for one am ready to dive straight in and read my heart out.
My BIG PLANS for today include a couple (or a few) dozen issues of various X-Men series, interspersed with print comics, my current audiobook, and some prose whenever I need to recharge my device. I'll also be helping out on the official Instagram feed during the later half of the 'thon, alongside the lovely Kelly of The Written World, and I'm going to try to maintain a presence on Litsy. You can find me there as xicanti.
I'll also edit this post with periodic updates about what I'm reading, what I'm eating, and what else I'm doing with my time. (Because as much as I love reading, I always do a couple other things with my time.) The most recent update will always appear at the top.
My last session involved lots of Instagramming, some TV in Korean so I had to read it, and far less non-TV reading than I would've liked. In the piddly forty-five minutes I actually read, though, I did start FOOL'S QUEST by Robin Hobb for the second time and creep a little bit further through X-FACTOR.
I'd like to get a bit more read before the Readathon ends, so this'll be my last blog update. I'll still be awake and active on social media, though! With any luck, I can make this my second (?) full Readathon.
To aid in that, I'm currently drinking my beloved Jumpy Monkey tea, and I'm considering having second supper. There're enough leftovers to make up a good-sized taco bowl, if I cut my remaining tortilla up and fry it into chips. Alas, I'll have to pass on more of my buffalo & bleu cheese chips as I hurt my tongue eating caramel corn and I don't think I can take anything with that particular texture.
I may watch another shorter TV episode, too. Depends how sleepy I am.
Total Time Read:
- Seven hours, fifty-nine minutes
- X-MEN (2010)
- FAITH: HOLLYWOOD AND VINE
- GENEXT UNITED
- MY BRILLIANT FRIEND
- X-MEN/ALPHA FLIGHT
- EXCALIBUR: MOJO MAYHEM
- X-FACTOR (1986)
- FOOL'S QUEST
Food & Drink Consumed:
- two cups coffee
- many glasses of water (I always lose track)
- one bowl Krave cereal, sans milk
- three bowls chocolate caramel corn, plus a bunch of individual pieces I nabbed out of the big bowl as the mood took me.
I'm gonna cut myself off for the rest of the night.
- one packet seaweed snacks
- some Buffalo wing & bleu cheese chips
- two crumbled tofu tacos with zucchini, corn, black beans, edamame, cabbage, radishes, and cilantro lime crema
- one cup iced Southern Butter Pecan coffee
- one bowl coconut yogurt
- one piece fancy Easter bread whose name I can't remember
- two cups Jumpy Monkey tea
Music Listened To:
- SPEED OF DARKNESS - Flogging Molly
- social media
- generalized universe contemplation
- long-ass walk
- supper preparation and consumption
- Korean drama consumption