1. What are you reading right now? I'm about to start LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT by Bettie Sharpe.
2. How many books have you read so far? Five! I think this is the highest number of prose books I've ever read during a Readathon. Yeah, they were all novellas, but they're still items I can erase from la TBR. :)
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm wicked eager for both LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT by Bettie Sharpe and MISBEHAVING by Tiffany Reisz. Reisz is an established favourite author, while Sharpe is well on her way to a spot on my list.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope, though I may have to quit a little earlier than I'd like so I can be awake in time for a family breakfast thing tomorrow. Oh, family. Why do y'all love breakfast so much? Don't you know a girl needs her sleep on a Sunday morning? Especially a post-Readathon Sunday morning?
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Nah, it's been good. Nobody's called me, and wee Murchie has been totally undemanding. I keep asking him if he wants to go out, or eat, or play, and he just gives me this look like, "You will pry me off this sheep-shaped pillow when I die and not before."
Never underestimate Murchie's love for a day spent lounging on his sheep-shaped pillow.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I won a door prize! I had this one year when I won three or four prizes over both Readathons, but that was a looooong time ago. I'm surprised and delighted I won something this time, especially since there are so many more people in the pool!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. I love what the organizers have put in place.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Probably nothing? This is something like my tenth or twelfth Readathon, so I have a pretty good feel for what works for me. I always hope I'll get around to visit more people, but I've accepted that's not my strength when I'm firmly in Intense Reader Mode. I do a little rogue cheerleading here and there, and that does me well.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I was exhausted this morning, since I only got about four and a half hours of sleep, but I'm actually REALLY HYPER now. I blame the awesome book I just read. It's impossible to be too tired when you've just read an awesome book.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Novellas are fabulous. Stockpile them. Ditto comics.